Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A city by the beach down by La Jolla

So, I went back to CA. Many years after the first visit (see archives). I was in a city that came up in one of the DVDs.

I met up with people who knew worked with Vivian and Joe. That was pretty cool. We talked about avoidance reduction, and the fact that stuttering's ok.

I brought up the blanket of acceptance, rather than the defeatist suggestion that it's just throwing in the towel that was suggested in academia recently. Pah to that!

Today back over this side of the water and still struggling with time, I found some notes today that I made years ago. Possibly during the first trip where me and the Prof met Vivian.

For voluntary stuttering on vowels... you can prolong them too sometimes, there are leaps of faith that you have to take. But it's ok, it's a curb not a cliff that you're jumping off.

Another more general one...

Don't worry about letting it go.

We hold on to stuff, carry it with us. It's ok to let it go too. Easier said than done for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home