Tuesday, January 23, 2007

sleepwalking

twice in two days? my oh my, i am fast becoming prolific. better watch that.

i had some sensible stuff to write about but i reckon it'll keep. and i realise that i've not talked about stuttering for ages. this is 'cos i have been cured by the pox. possibly.

so, on to today's main news story. sleepwalking. a terrible affliction that i think i have contracted.

or perhaps i am just going MENTOL.

i love my job. i jump out of bed to go to it. by 'love' i mean 'tolerate' and with 'jump' i mean 'fall, grudgingly'. today i had a meeting first thing, and as those of you who are familiar with my work will testify, mornings do not suit me. 10 a.m. is good.

may i set the scene for you? it is dark, nightime as it is called around the anglophonedworld. i am asleep. very asleep.

i wake in a semi-blind panic, look over at the clock, disbelieving that it is 7.30 already, i check my phone. yes, the truth hurts, i must moisten my flesh. i go and start to moisten my flesh, the water's not that hot, i presume my early start has confused the hot water timer. i have a record quick shower, ten minutes-ish (+VAT), and go back to my room, proudly checking the clock, at my spartan efforts to get up and ready in this winter of discontent.

bless us and save us.

1.40.

1.40.

nah.

check the phone.

1.39.

it's even earlier!

now, because i am jonny fun, i did find this hilarious. after my initial wondering if it was all a dream, i looked at the postive side... i still had about 6 hours sleep to get!

so i did. i went back to sleep, cold and giggling, and with slightly damp hair.

later, like normal people, i got up at the prescribed time (put my hair right, it had gone BIG), and even made the meeting. for which i was early.

no more lastminute.fun until the morra.

sleep well folks, i think we all deserve it tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home